Sunday, December 1, 2013

They're right behind us, but I fear not

Posted by Moses

When we left Egypt, I was so overjoyed and relieved to be finally free with my brothers and sisters. Yet, God wanted the Pharaoh and Egypt to know he was the lord and hardened his heart to follow us. At first I was terrified at the prospect of us being slaves once again, but I corrected myself and realized God's plans would save us. He told me myself that Pharaoh will bring an army of chariots to bring us back to Egypt. He assured me to not fear because he had fooled the Pharaoh to believe we were lost and disoriented in the foreign land. When my people saw the Egyptians, they feared death and enslavement. They cursed my name and asked why I had brought them out to the middle of the desert. I commanded my people to stand their ground and not fear because the Egyptians that they were seeing, would never trouble them again. God suddenly interrupted me and told me to open the sea with my staff. With columns of clouds keeping the Egyptians away from us, I stretched my hand and staff over the sea. God immediately separated the sea from both sides and my people followed in after me. When we got to the other side, I could see the army inside the land bridge with the confused Pharaoh leading them. I then stretched my hand once more over the sea under God's command and the ocean swept up the Pharaoh and his army. God saved us! My people rejoiced and they believed in me and God. Although, we had a large desert in front of us and I had no idea how hard this ordeal would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment